Welcome to Mimi Zweig StringPedagogy
Violin performance engages the physical, the psychological, and the musical abilities of the player. Mimi Zweig's fundamental principle of violin teaching, based on natural physical motions nurtured in a non-judgmental environment, embodies all three of these elements of performance. The development of a facile and secure technique begins with physical freedom. This then gives the performer the freedom to play with musical sensitivity and confidence. [ Frequently Asked Questions ] [ Screenshot 1 ] [ Screenshot 2 ]
- Group Violin Pedagogy - This site is giving a brief history of group violin teaching and teaching through ensemble playing, putting a light on its different pedagogues and methods in the world. Then it's taking Indiana University String Academy founder, director, and violin professor Mimi Zweig as a case study, through observing and analyzing her group teaching, as it's an important element of her teaching method which synthesizes many aspects of different pedagogues and philosophies with her own ideas, balancing between individual and group instruction.
- Mimi Zweig StringPedagogy Connect - Find a Violin Teacher near you! Are you looking for a teacher for you or your child in your area? This website provides contact information for highly skilled teachers across the globe that are recommended, and have often been trained, by Mimi Zweig. It is also a resource for teachers wanting to connect with other teachers.
Mimi Zweig StringPedagogy DVD Edition
Mimi Zweig StringPedagogy DVD Edition (Multimedia Reference DVD-ROM for PC & Mac) is now shipping!
Exclusive Offer: Ordering Mimi Zweig StringPedagogy DVD Edition at StringPedagogy.com includes One (1) year of complimentary Online Membership ($75 value coupon).
The complimentary coupon code will extend your Mimi Zweig StringPedagogy Online Membership for one (1) year at no cost. If you do not have an existing account at StringPedagogy.com, you may sign up for a Free One Year Online Membership using the coupon code. One year extension will begin from the expiration date of your current membership. If your membership has already been expired, the extension will begin immediately. Coupon will be mailed with the DVD.
The DVD Edition does not require an internet connection to view all volume contents including over 70 video clips while the Online Edition requires a high speed internet connection. The DVD Edition includes additional Violin Virtuosi performance videos and the most updated contents. No region restriction. Compatible with PC & Mac.
Mimi Zweig StringPedagogy Online Edition
Online Membership includes:
- Online access to Mimi Zweig StringPedagogy Volumes One, One B and Two with over six hours of streaming video.
- Downloading of the PDF Version of Mimi Zweig StringPedagogy. The PDF Version lets you print text and images from all Volumes.
- Online Forums and Events Calendar: With over 1,500 members, the Teachers Forum will give teachers the chance to share ideas, problems and solutions. All teachers can add their significant concerts, master classes, etc. to the Events Calendar.
- StringPedagogy LIVE includes Chat Rooms.
- Powerful search capability within StringPedagogy.com giving you easy access to specific information.
- Exclusive Discounts: 10% discount coupons from the WHLEEstore.com
Click Here to Sign Up for a Membership